Ever felt the uncontrollable need to scratch your groin area? This could be because of jock itch. Jock itch is an uncomfortable fungal infection that affects the groin area. If you are suffering from jock itch or tinea cruris, then you make up about 20% of people in the world who suffer from it at some point in their lives. Other areas of the skin where jock itch can be found include the inner thighs and buttocks. In this article, we will attempt to answer the most commonly asked questions about jock itch and clear up any lingering misconceptions.
Jock Itch Symptoms
If you suspect that you have the jock itch, here are symptoms to look out for and ascertain it:
Redness in the affected area
A burning sensation
A constant itchy feeling
A change in skin color in the affected area
A rash that worsens with the application of anti-itch cream, exercise or other activity
Peeling, cracking, scaling, or flaking of the skin
Jock itch symptoms appear in stages. It starts with a rash on the crease at the groin and then it spreads outwards in a circular shape as the center fades a little bit. The edges of the rash are often raised and very distinctly marked with red. The rash on the groin may then spread to the upper inner thighs in a half-moon shape, buttocks, and abdomen areas.
Does Jock Itch Smell?
In severe cases, jock itch has a strong musty and very distinctive odor. It is very similar to how moldy bread smells or sometimes it may be sour-like. The odor is due to the fungus that causes jock itch as it has compounds that give off the musty smell. The smell increases as the infection get worse and can only be gotten rid of by treating jock itch.
‘Does jock itch smell’ is not a question doctors ask in order to diagnose it. Instead, they rely on their physical appearance for diagnosis.
Jock Itch on Thighs
As mentioned before, jock itch often first affects the groin and it then spreads to other areas of the skin like the inner thighs. Jock itch on thighs thrives and spreads because it is a warm and sweaty environment.
Jock Itch on Women
Jock itch typically affects men and boys in adolescence but it can also occur in women. Just like in men, jock itch on women also occurs on the inner thighs, groin area, and buttocks. The only difference is that in women it’s also found underneath the breasts where sweating is prone.
Jock Itch Causes
Jock itch is caused by a fungus known as tinea fungus. It is the same fungus that causes ringworms and athlete’s foot. Fungi are naturally found on your skin and are usually harmless. However, when they multiply and grow in number, fungal infections occur.
What causes the rapid multiplication of fungi is when they are exposed to warm and sweaty/moist environments. This is why jock itch grows in the inner thighs, buttocks, and groin areas. Other jock itch causes include:
- Staying in sweaty clothes after exercising encourages the rapid growth of fungi and that‘s why jock itch is common in athletes.
- Being overweight – people who are overweight have a lot of skin folds that easily sweat.
- Wearing tight-fitting clothes particularly underwear can also cause the development of jock itch because you’re more likely to sweat in them.
- Genetics – they play a role in the development of jock itch because they determine the rate at which naturally occurring fungi multiplies.
- Friction against the affected skin and chafing makes the jock itch worse and it spreads even further.
Is Jock Itch a STD?
Jock itch can be passed on through sexual intercourse. So is jock itch a STD? No, it’s not. It is not classified as a STD.
Is Jock Itch Contagious?
Jock itch is contagious as it can be transmitted from person to person through skin-to-skin contact or coming into contact with an infected person’s clothes or towel.
Jock Itch Home Remedies
No one wants to live with the uncomfortable and embarrassing urge of wanting to scratch their genitals every now and then. The good news is that you can treat jock itch right at home with ingredients readily available in your kitchen and find sweet relief.
It an antifungal remedy because it contains bioactive compounds like allicin and ajoene. They help in fighting the fungal infection and reducing the symptoms of jock itch.
Heat crushed garlic in olive oil for about 5 minutes. Wait for it to cool down and drain the oil. Apply the oil onto the rash, cover it with gauze, and leave it on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off with water. Repeat this process twice or thrice a day until the rash goes away.
Apple Cider Vinegar
It has antimicrobial and antifungal properties so it will fight the infection and prevent it from spreading.
Dilute the apple cider vinegar with water because it’s very concentrated. Dip a cotton ball into the solution and press it gently on the rash. Wrap a band-aid to secure it and leave it on for a few hours before rinsing it in water thoroughly. This should be done twice a day until the rash heals.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil has wonderful anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It will help with cooling down the infection and facilitating the healing process.
100% Natural and Pure Tea tree oil
Dilute tea tree oil in warm water and then apply the mixture to the affected areas. After 20 minutes, rinse off with warm water and dry the area gently with a towel. Repeat it twice or thrice daily until you achieve desired results.
It has famed antifungal properties so it helps in fighting the infection.
Dip a cotton ball into honey and apply it directly to the affected area at least thrice daily until the infection heals.
Lavender oil does a great job in resisting fungi so it will help in the healing of the infection.
Mix lavender oil with a carrier oil such as coconut oil. Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and apply it to the rash. Repeat this up to 4 times daily until the rash goes away.
Highest Quality French Lavender, 100% Pure & Natural
It contains antifungal properties so it will be effective in fighting off the fungal infection.
Dip a cotton ball into calendula oil and apply it directly to the affected area. Do this 3-4 times daily and you’re bound to see positive results.
It has excellent antiseptic and antifungal properties. This will help in fighting the jock itch fungi and prevent it from spreading to other parts of the body.
Extract aloe vera gel from its leaves and apply it to the rash. Leave it on for several minutes and wash it off with warm water. This should be done twice a day until the infection is no more.
It has a powerful antifungal bioactive compound, allicin. It helps in fighting off the fungal infection and reducing the symptoms of jock itch.
Grate the onion and extract its juice. Dip a cotton ball into the juice and apply it to the rash. After 20 minutes, wash it off with water. Repeat the process daily until the rash heals.
Jock itch home remedies are a sure and inexpensive way of treating the infection.
Best Treatment for Jock Itch
If you want to get rid of jock itch and forget it completely, H-Jock Itch Formula is the product you’re looking for! It is made from natural ingredients, most notably, calendula to ensure you don’t suffer from harmful side effects that are brought by chemicals. It will provide you with fast relief for both mild and even severe jock itch symptoms.
H-Jock Itch Formula is the best treatment for jock itch in the market so make your order today!
Get rid of jock itch for once and for all!
- What Causes Dandruff?Dandruff is a very common condition that affects up to about 50% of the adult population in the world. It is not a serious condition and neither is it contagious, but it can be a great source of embarrassment. Many people are not aware of what causes dandruff and what they can do to get…
- How Much Does it Cost to Remove Moles in 2021?Moles are harmless growths on the skin that you can easily live with. However, you may find them unsightly, they may be getting in the way of your shaving or zipping your clothes and so, causing you pain. If this is a familiar problem to you, you may be actively looking for a solution against…
- Sweet Almond Oil BenefitsIf you’re a fan of using sweet almond oil for your cooking, you know that it’s packed full of nutritious goodness. Did you, however, know it can work wonders for your skin and hair as well? This article will take you through these sweet almond oil benefits and how you can make the most out…
- Hypertrophic Scars – What Are They and How to Get Rid of ThemWhen you get injured, your body produces collagen, a protein that strengthens your skin and gives it structure. This is how scars form as a way of the skin repairing itself. However, sometimes the healing process doesn’t really go as expected and hypertrophic scars form. This article will explore what hypertrophic scars are, how they…
- What are Keloid Scars?Bruises or injuries on your body leave behind scars that fade and disappear after some time. However, for 10% of the population, this is not necessarily the case because they develop keloid scars. So what are keloid scars? Well, stick around and find out! What are Keloid Scars? Keloid scars are overgrowths of scar tissue…